Saturday 30 April 2011

Super easy pesto pasta dinner

Last night I needed a really quick and easy meal and had been given some basil.  Recently a friend had given me her recipe for pesto pasta, but I didn't quite have everything I needed.  So this is what I made instead.  The best news, everyone happily at their dinner!  Maybe not the healthiest of dinners, but certainly better and cheaper than takeaway.
  • 1 packet of penne pasta
  • 250ml lite thickened cream
  • 2 cloves crushed garlic
  • olive oil
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
  • 1/4 cup basil pesto in a jar (I had this leftover in the fridge, if you don't just add more fresh basil and cheese instead)
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (if you buy this in a block it works out much cheaper than grated)
  1. Cook the pasta
  2. Meanwhile brown the garlic in the olive oil
  3. Using a low heat add the basil, then the cream and pesto and stir continuously for a couple of minutes before taking off the heat
  4. Mix together the basil and cream mixture with the cooked (drained) pasta and sprinkle through the parmesan

No comments:

Post a Comment