Thursday 28 April 2011

Menu plan for weeks 9 & 10

The school holidays just finished and last fortnight's budget came in just over at $384.  The bad news is I have already completely blown the coming fortnight's budget.  I think what is going to change is that I  need to include at least 2-3 "leftovers" days in each fortnight.

I had the day to myself and headed to the shops in person this time for a leisurely grocery run where I could touch and smell what I was buying.  I'm sure I picked up stacks of bargains, but without being able to keep track of what I was spending I already have spent $370 - oh no!! So the freezer, pantry and fridge are bursting at the seams and here is the plan for the fortnight:

Wednesday - Take away (hamburgers and chips) - splurge!!
Thursday – Chicken satay noodles (from the Women's Weekly Chicken cookbook) plus ravioli for the kids
Friday – Roast chicken and vegetables
Saturday - Homemade pizza
Sunday – Sausages with potato salad and garden salad
Monday – Sausage hotpot (inspired by @bowhite) with rice
Tuesday – Leftovers
WednesdayMeat loaf, lemon risotto and peas
Thursday - Meat pie, potato bake and garden salad
Friday - Leftovers
SaturdayRoast beef and vegetables
Sunday – Penne pesto pasta
Monday – Fish and calamari (from the freezer) with chips (home made)

No comments:

Post a Comment