Monday 25 April 2011

Lest we forget

An early rise here to trek around to the (yet again) rained out dawn service.  Followed by inviting back a few friends for pancake breakfast.  After midday naps and too much TV on a cold and miserable day we made, of course, some (chewy) ANZAC biscuits. 

But oh no!! They didn't work out well at all... too dry and I am sure I followed the recipe correctly.  I am so disappointed I won't even post the link to the recipe I tried.  The ANZAC slice I made the other day was much much nicer.  Or maybe I should have researched the true origins of the biscuit before I headed into the kitchen and used this "authentic" recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you've heard this but the other day I was told that if you want the biscuits chewy, you can't boil the butter/syrup mix. If you boil it, they will be hard.

    ReplyDelete