Sunday 10 April 2011

Menu plan for weeks 7 & 8

I thought I was getting in early this week, but just found this post still sitting in draft!  Woops so its a bit late. 

I did my shopping right on Wednesday, mostly because the cupboard was bare!  My total food and grocery expenses for the past fortnight are a bit over this time coming in to date at $378 (with no anticipated expenses).  I think the biggest culprits to send me over budget were bananas (I spent about $35 on these last fortnight), a meal out for me and a few too many coffees.  Am hoping this coming meal plan may help keep me under this time.


Wednesday - Home made "takeaway" chicken wings, potatoes and vegetables (I never got around to doing these last week)
ThursdayBacon and pea pasta
Friday – Dinner at mums
Saturday - BBQ sausages, 1 T-bone for hubby, potato bake and salad
Sunday – Lasagne x 2 (1 for a friend having a new baby!)
Monday – Dinner at friends place
Tuesday – Sundried tomato chicken thighs, lemon risotto, peas and asparagus
Wednesday – Wonton noodle soup
Thursday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Friday - Chicken risotto plus apple foldovers
Saturday – Chicken meatball soup plus Mediterranean tarts
Sunday – Roast with veg plus easy apple pie
Monday – Meat loaf, home made wedges and veges
Tuesday – Corned beef, roast veges, cauliflower, peas and white sauce

Wish me luck!  Some of the menu items this week are personal recipes, so stay tuned to learn the secrets.

2 comments:

  1. The menu looks great, Ellen! Is the lasagne one of your personal recipes? Good luck for the following weeks. You are inspiring me, which is great as we are working on two new cookbooks and I was getting a bit over it...
    Will the school hols make much of a difference to your food budget?
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Pip, I should be dropping in this week to pick up a few things for my menu! The school hols will prob make a bit of a difference, I have picked up some extra treats in the grocery order so if we head out on any adventures our packed lunch won't be so boring. But on the same note while the kids are at grandmas I don't have to feed them so that will help out too! I've got some cheap/free activities planned plus a trip to the movies (this costs a fortune!) so am just hoping the rest of my budget can survive the fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete