Monday 11 April 2011

Chicken cacciatore risotto

This is one of my personal favourites.  Do you like the idea of risotto but not keen on all the fuss?  I love this meal, its super quick and easy as far as risotto goes (with plenty of room for error and substitution).  But my favourite bit about cooking risotto is the glass of wine you have while you cook!  One for the pot... one for me...

According to my magazine clipping, this one comes in at $3.95 a serve.  I'm not sure that is entirely accurate, the pancetta can be pretty pricey.  Plus I add mushrooms to mine.  I usually use ground chilli instead of flakes (don't tell anyone here I put chilli in it!!) and it works out fine with chicken breast too.  Today I had no stock so I just substituted water and half a teaspoon of Vegemite (thanks for the tip Nana).

No comments:

Post a Comment