Saturday 23 April 2011

The butcher

Last fortnight, I bought most of my meat from the butcher.  I love going to the butcher and seeing all the different types of meat laid out to choose from, not to mention the multiple cooking tips and tricks.  My husband loves it when I go to the butcher, probably because he has asked them to say "steak" every time I walk in.

This is an untapped resource people! If you are doing all your grocery shopping online, or heading to the supermarket late at night when the kids are asleep you are missing out.  Even if like me you are on a tight budget, I will pick up meat specials at the supermarket, but then always head to the butcher for other types of cuts.

If you haven't found a good butcher close by there are some online bulk meat delivery options too, so if you have freezer space you can save by purchasing this way.  Check out my butcher's online service if you live locally, or search around in your area. Alternatively, get yourself a book that will tell you how to make the most out of different cuts of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment