Monday 4 April 2011

Oranges

My fruit box delivery this week contained a feature (including recipe/tip sheet) on oranges.  Using my ever increasing crazy antics of getting the kids to try different flavours in the hope that one day they may enjoy a healthy and varied diet, I chose to make an orange cake.

As usual the boys were helping in the kitchen and were most distressed to see me squeeze orange into the icing: "Mum will that make juice icing?" - he hates juice....

I admit it, I lied: "No, it just makes the icing change colour a little bit".  Condemn me for being a bad mother (goodness knows it doesn't take much these days) - but they ate it, woo hoo!!  What a sad life I lead when I get excited that my children ate some orange cake.

Then I get a phone call from my husband today: "That cake was tops".

I am hoping this is a good omen for the start of the week.  Dinner certainly went smoother tonight, with my home made meat pie happily (with only a little prompting) enjoyed by all **sigh**.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, that cake was beautiful. I hope I didn't eat too much of it. A loved it too. Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cake looks sensational. I love a good orange cake...wait...I love cake...If you are up the street at all, call in to the butchers for a slice of cake. I made a pineapple upside down cake today for a trial photoshoot run for our next book...and there is still some left.
    P.S. Your menu looks great!

    ReplyDelete