Monday 1 August 2011

More baking treats

Over the weekend I had to do some more midnight baking.  All my baked goody supplies were gone and we were visiting friends so I needed to take something along.  I decided on two new recipes I hadn't tried before.  I chose this Honey Oat slice because Mr 3 loves the Anzac slice that I make.  I was looking for something similar, but a bit different that he might like (and succeeded!).

The cake I came across by chance in a Donna Hay magazine a friend has lent me.  It was actual an advertisement for Equal.  Hilariously, I just used caster sugar instead of Equal (did I miss the point?).  I also substituted walnuts for hazelnuts.  The cake was lovely and moist - the boys did not like it by the friends we were visiting did.

No comments:

Post a Comment