Friday 5 August 2011

COOOOOOOOKIES!


I'm in the market for some kitchen artwork from the They Draw and Cook website (much to my husband's disgust).  I want a picture that I like but the recipe has to be good too.   This quest led me to try out the COOOOOOOOKIES! by Pietro Duchi recipe last night.  I added choc chips and it was really easy.  Not sure if I was meant to but I melted the butter and used 125g which came pretty close to the 6.5 tablespoons. I figured there was no other reasonable way to measure out tablespoons of butter.  Anyway the recipe worked well but I am not so in love with the artwork, I am after something with a bit more colour.

Take a look at the other ones that are high on my list to try out:

Banana bread by Amy McKay
Black coffee by Pedro Menezes 
Summer vegetable soup by Ekaterina Muratova

But what I would really love is for someone to do one of my favourite apple pie recipe... any takers?

Easy apple pie: (this is an adaptation of this recipe, just a bit simpler and if you work smartly only 1 bowl to wash up plus the pie dish!)

  • 1 tin pie apple
  • 125g butter melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup raw sugar plus an extra tablespoon
  1. Spread the pie apple into a pie dish and sprinkle the tablespoon of raw sugar on top
  2. In a large bowl, melt the butter
  3. Add the flour, sugar and egg and mix well
  4. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the apple, doesn't matter if there is not enough to cover all the way to the edges, just spread it roughly over the apple as in the picture below
  5. Put in a 170C oven until the top turns a lovely golden colour - I usually set the time for 45 minutes then check on it regularly
  6. Serve with cream or ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment