Monday 27 June 2011

Scooby snacks?


I found these great bags of organic pasta at Aldi last week (I stocked up on 6 packets, so fingers crossed the kids like them).  I am trying out a modified version of my home made tinned spaghetti recipe in the pressure cooker today.  Here's how it went:
  • 800ml jar Passata
  • 1 small tin diced tomatoes with garlic and herbs
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
  • 3 florets of cauliflower broken up
  • 1 baby bok choy chopped 
  • 2 frozen cubes spinach
  • 2 large zucchinis chopped
  • 2 sticks celery diced finely
It all went into the pressure cooker and I used the "soup" cooking time of 25 minutes.  Meanwhile boil the pasta and when the sauce is cooked combine it all and add a generous helping of grated cheese.

***Note:  use gluten free pasta and stock cube and this can be an easy gluten free dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment