Wednesday 22 June 2011

No plan this fornight

Last fortnight's grocery expenses came to $312.53.   Two main reasons for not having a plan this fortnight:
  1. My freezer and pantry are pretty full already, I need to use up what I have
  2. I'm tired, exhausted actually, and can't even bear the thought of sitting down with my cook books and shopping list to plan the coming fortnight
But do not fear, I have a couple of recipes in mind to try out and hopefully share.  I also think I will still manage to stay within budget.   The Bacon and leek risotto from Sue and Noel was beautiful, I'm hoping to make it again.  And I have a ham hock so looking forward to making some pea and ham soup.  BUT tonight we will be celebrating!!!  Because a start has been made on our new house, I am even thinking we might grab some takeaway sushi and savour this special occasion.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that work has finally started on your new home! Definitely time to celebrate... :)

    ReplyDelete