Friday 17 June 2011

Letting off steam


I finally bought myself a pressure cooker.  Against much advice to get the stovetop variety for better cooking control, I ended up with an electric one.  Purchase decision was completely driven by price, at $60 it was worth the risk.  I was also the lucky recipient of some mango chicken legs this evening and they are taking a "turn" so to speak in the cooker as I type. Both my other machines (the dishwasher and washing machine) are hard at work, the washing up is done, kids fed (not quite in PJs but I'm getting there) and I am about to pour a glass of wine - so it seems the weekend is off to a promising start.

Unfortunately Sue and Noel's Bacon and leek risotto has been bumped off the menu, but I hope to make some of that over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment