Monday 23 May 2011

Menu plan week 13 & 14

I cannot believe we are into Week 13 and 14 already!  Still no work commenced on the new house, although the old one is well and truly gone.  I am hoping this fortnight sees things starting to happen!

I ended up shuffling around last fortnights menu plan and "accumulated" some extra food I had not planned for.  We also ended up eating out once and I headed out for dinner with girlfriends another evening.  So all in all the freezer is still pretty full.  The fortnightly food and grocery bills came in at $346 - pretty happy with that given the eating out factor!

I need to work extra days and hours this week so I am hoping that my groceries (with the help of a fruit and veg box delivery) may last until the weekend when I will get my first chance to head to the shops to try another Aldi shop.  Unfortunately this does not make for a very interesting menu this week as I use up things like the frozen veg and oven bake chips in the freezer.

I am also using some meal bases that Mars sent me after I wrote in to Dolmio about my Lasagne recipe.

Here is the plan:


WednesdayCrumbed chicken wings, lemon risotto and peas
ThursdayLamb chops with oven chips, peas and carrot
FridayCarbonara (Using the Dolmio Carbonara meal base but adding mushrooms)
Saturday - Chicken meatball soup and Choc-hazelnut bread and butter pudding (from latest Superfood ideas)
SundayMeatloaf with oven chips and salad plus make some Tuna mornay pies to freeze (from latest Superfood ideas)
Monday – Leftovers
Tuesday –Curried sausages (Using Masterfoods Curried Sausages recipe base) with mash, peas and beans
Wednesday – Country beef casserole (Using Masterfoods Country Beef Casserole recipe base) with rice, peas and asparagus
Thursday - Leftovers
Saturday – Beef and vegetable casserole with rosemary dumplings with Apple and butterscotch sponge pudding (both from latest Superfood ideas)
Sunday – Leftovers
MondayEnchiladas and rice
Tuesday – Leftovers

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen,
    Well, I think your menu sounds good! Plenty of hearty tummy warmers and I am keen to hear how the Choc-hazelnut bread and butter pudding tastes...
    Also very interested to see how much you save!
    Have a great week..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pip I made the pudding last night, worked out well but not a huge hit here :( I think if you don't love baked custard its probably not worth the effort...

    ReplyDelete