Tuesday 10 May 2011

Menu plan week 11 and 12

I'm running a little behind this week, haven't yet thought about by menu plan and its grocery day tomorrow.  My last fortnight came in ridiculously over budget at $428 - what a disaster!  The only good thing to come of such a drastic overspend is a well stocked pantry due to the menu bargains I was unable to resist at Aldi.

Wednesday -  Coq au vin, crusty bread plus lemon meringue pie
Thursday – BBQ chicken and avocado pasta
FridayMeat loaf, lemon risotto, peas and broccoli (for me at least!)
Saturday - Homemade pizza
Sunday – Sausages with potato bake and garden salad plus sticky date self saucing pudding
Monday – Sausage hotpot with rice
Tuesday – Leftovers
Wednesday – Jamie Oliver's Melt in your mouth shin stew
Thursday - Lamb chops with mash and peas
Friday - Slow cooker chicken cacciatore and rice
Saturday – Enchiladas and rice
Monday – Leftovers
TuesdayChicken meatball soup

So with that insight into my upcoming culinary adventures, I will say goodnight and leave my shopping list compilation until the morning.

On a separate note can I add that budget busting means we are attempting to survive the winter with no heating in the house, so far so good, although my fingers are numbing as I type. The children are well and truly rugged up and snuggled in their warm beds, and my hot water bottle awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment