Tuesday 31 May 2011

Looking for inspiration



I couple of weeks ago I read this truly great book by Juanita Phillips: A Pressure Cooker Save My Life.  It is all about her quest to keep her family healthy, happy, fed, hold down a busy job and keep up the mortgage repayments. Definitely a must read for any working mum.  Ever since I have been on the look out for a cheap pressure cooker, but no luck so far.  And unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch far enough to be able to splurge on one of these.  I am very keen to try out some of the recipes she includes.

It is sad to note that since this book was published my understanding (from tabloid fodder) is that her husband has battled through bowel cancer and they have since divorced.  However the book is fantastic and a completely realistic take on the challenges faced by many families with small children.

After reading the book, I really felt like Juanita Phillips could comfortably sit on the lounge in our hectic household and chat the afternoon away, ignoring spilt drinks and the attention seeking dog quite happily.  Not sure if this is truly the case or she is in fact just a great writer (or possibly indeed both).



No comments:

Post a Comment