Tuesday 27 September 2011

Another Massaman

This time I wanted to try making Beef Massaman without the prepackaged meal sauce.  I didn't go completely back to basics, I did still purchase a small tin of Massaman Curry paste and I made a huge batch ready to freeze for lunches.  Only problem was it was it ended up too spicy (for the member of the household who doesn't like spicy food).  I think I will stick to my previous method.  Still if you like a little bit of heat in your curry, it was still very delicious.

  • 1.5kg beef
  • 1 onion diced
  • 7 small potatoes with the skin on, diced
  • 1 small tin Massaman curry
  • 1 1/3 tins coconut cream
Combine everything in a large crock pot and place in the oven for up to two hours at about 170-180C.




1 comment:

  1. Reduce your curry paste by a spoon or two, or up your coconut milk/cream and you'll cut the spice down for that particular family member :-)

    ReplyDelete