Sunday 4 September 2011

Birthday party time!

Whoa I am super exhausted! Both boys birthdays this weekend meant a bit of baking for the party.  I admit to cheating and buying overpriced cupcakes at Woolworths to send to school and kindy.  But hey I can't be superwoman. 

I would have to say I was pretty happy with the cake (I'm not up for things that take too much time and effort but they still have to look good).  My biggest birthday cake tip is to buy the Sara Lee Create a Cake and spend your time on decorations rather than baking.  They taste pretty yummy too.  This cake was made from 1 and 3/4 of the Create a Cakes. Don't defrost the cakes before you do your construction and decorating, its much easier to work with them frozen.



But I think the baking I was most happy with this weekend were the Mario Starman cookies - super easy (just a basic biscuit mix) and they looked great.


No comments:

Post a Comment