Friday 9 September 2011

Butter chicken

This week I made butter chicken from almost-scratch, it turned out really well!  I was the only person in the house who enjoyed the meal, but it was super delicious and attracted many comments in the lunch room the next day when I reheated my leftovers.  I used this great mix from The Curry Traders which I picked up at my local butcher (but you can purchase through The Curry Traders website too).  I have to admit it was a bit of a budget splurge, but I have been reducing my "packet mix" cooking as a result of watching out for food additives and colouring and thought this may be a healthier option.

The instructions on the packet were easy to follow. I only wish I had a coffee grinder, because I am not sure I spent enough time grinding up the seeds as directed, and think if these "bits" where finer then my husband may have enjoyed the dish more. I will definitely be trying some more of their mixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment