Wednesday 7 September 2011

Bacon and leek quiche

This week I made a yummy bacon, leek and fetta quiche using the basics of my Pizza pie recipe.  I fried up a finely chopped leek with some bacon first, then added it to a bowl with some diced fetta (I used a whole small block).  I only added in a sprinkle of grated tasty cheese then about half a cup of cream.  It was all about using up things in my fridge that were near the end of their usable life.  Quiche is a great dish to have in the fridge, it can be a quick lunch or an easy dinner.  This week I have been packing it for breakfast for my husband while he does the early shift.

If you have never made quiche before, you really need to give it a try.  And make sure you let me know if you have any other yummy filing combinations.  Thanks to Lauren for the Leeks idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment