Sunday 24 July 2011

Osso Bucco

We always need ready to go meals for one in the freezer.  When someone in your household is a shift worker you need a good variety of meals on hand because any given day he might be after breakfast, lunch or dinner to take to work.  Apparently taking a full heated dinner doesn't go down very well for breakfast.  Of course you can always buy your meals at work, but if there is one quick way to save some money, its to take meals, snacks and drinks from home.  Even if it means you splurge on some special drinks and snacks at the supermarket, I guarantee its cheaper than buying it later from a takeaway shop.

Today I made up some Osso Bucco.  I have never made it before, I used this Best Recipes version and it came out smelling pretty yummy.  I didn't use quite as much meat as it said so cut down a little on all the other ingredients too. Unfortunately it did overflow out of the casserole dish and made a bit of a mess of my oven :(



No comments:

Post a Comment