Friday 22 July 2011

A busy midnight kitchen

I have been a bit slack in posting this week, but that doesn't mean there haven't been yummy things happening in the kitchen.  I have had a couple of late night baking sessions.  Plenty of mouths to keep fed: not just the boys but the builders too.  This week I have made Anzac slice (Mr 3 loves this one, its the only slice that I make which he eats), Passionfruit slice and also a new Apple and cinnamon slice I wanted to try (I had sour cream to use up).

If you haven't already made this Anzac slice, you really need to.  Its so quick, no fancy ingredients, makes the house smell lovely, keeps really well and is great with a cuppa.  I leave off the final sprinkle of coconut.

This passionfruit slice, in the picture on the right below, is a regular from my kitchen.  I have a recipe handed down from a girlfriend that I use.  But it is almost identical to this one on the Taste.com.au website.  Only I gave the lemon a miss and used half a tin of John West passionfruit instead.

The apple cinnamon slice ,pictured on the left below, was nice, but not sure it makes it high on the list of ones to make again.  It just was hard to cut and crumbled easily.  Still yummy but didn't quite make it on to my favourites list plus none of the boys liked it.  Also the fact you need to use a cake mix doesn't rate highly with me.  I like baking from scratch so I know exactly what is going in.  If we are going to eat sweet treats, they can at least be made from "wholesome" ingredients and free from additives.

No comments:

Post a Comment