Sunday 27 March 2011

The kitchen

Obviously I like to cook.  You probably think I have a fancy schmancy kitchen.  I do, but it is in storage.  At the moment we are living in what I have lovingly dubbed "The 1950's house".  You know those shows where a family goes back in time and pretends to live true to a recreated era?  There was the 1940's house and other similar shows.  I have watched all these series and often said to my husband how happy I think we would have been if we had lived in the 40's or 50's.  Well our rental property is really and truly original 1950's.  I LOVE it.  At first I was apprehensive, but have now completely fallen for the place.  Now that I know the oven works I am happy!  Even if my dishwasher doesn't fit in the kitchen and there is only a tiny sink.  I do miss my double oven, my easy close drawers and cool kitchen sink tap - but hey I love this too (just maybe not the carpet on the kitchen floor).



1 comment:

  1. Yikes Ellen... that is a cool kitchen!

    ReplyDelete