Saturday 19 November 2011

Hoummos

This Hoummos is a delicious moreish summer snacking recipe.  Perfect with corn chips or lightly toasted salty pita bread.  Full credit for this one goes to my lovely friend Tammi.

Interesting fact, Wikipedia tells me you can spell it "hummus, houmous, hommos, humos, hoummos, etc."

1 tin chickpeas
1 tablespoon Tahini (this costs a bit but keeps in the fridge virtually forever)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
5-8 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons olive oil

Basically you put all these things in the food processor (or a stab mixer works well too) and mix it all together well.  I like it really lemony, so if its a bit dry I add more lemon and/or olive oil.

Let it be known I truly believe this is the only "good" use of chickpeas....

No comments:

Post a Comment